Silint is a bespoken medical device for a person after limb amputation. It is an internal, soft prosthesis socket, intended to be used in conjunction with an external hard socket.
Both connected sockets are creating an integrated element for the patient's body and the rest of the prosthetic limb. The Silint socket is manufactured on an individual order, thanks to which it is fitted to the remaining limb after amputation and can only be used in the prosthesis by one patient for whom it has been tailored. Silint is made of the highest quality medical silicone and is suitable for 24/7 direct, comfortable and safe contact with the patient's skin. Silint is used in prostheses in patients of all ages, all gender, and at all levels and types of limb amputation.
- The medical silicone used for the production of the Silint sockets is of the highest quality and is completely neutral to body cells in direct contact. This material has passed testing for cytotoxicity, allergies and skin irritation.
- Delicate and soft inner surface prevents grazes and increases comfort during use of the prosthesis.
- The inner surface ensures a reliable and constant adherence to the limb stump. This allows for full control and safe transfer of movements to the prosthesis.
- The Silint socket is completely waterproof. Direct contact with salt or fresh water does not affect its physico-chemical properties. The Silint socket is suitable for use in bathing, waterproof prostheses and for water sports.
- The silicone from which Silint is made does not absorb odours and does not discolour. It can be easily detached from the outer socket and washed thoroughly or steamed with boiling water. Silint will retain all its properties.
- This silicone is also characterised by a very high tensile and abrasion resistance. The socket can withstand intensive use by active people.
- Flexible silicone edge of the socket perfectly adapts to the body during movements, allowing maximum freedom in all conditions and ambient temperatures.
- The silicone used in the production of the Silint sockets retains its physical properties at temperatures down to -50 ° C. Such a low temperature does not occur in the natural environment, so freezing of the socket and loss of its properties during normal use is impossible. During severe winter frosts, the socket will retain its properties.
- The silicone used in the production of the Silint sockets retains its physical properties at temperatures up to 200 ° C. Such a high temperature does not occur in the natural environment, so it is impossible to melt the socket and lose its properties during normal use. During the strong summer heat, the socket will retain its properties.
Celem projektu jest opracowanie leja protetycznego z pneumatycznym systemem adaptacji do zmian objętości kikuta i powłoką zmniejszającą tarcie. Wartość projektu: 642.000,00 zł, dofinansowanie projektu z UE: 513.600,00 zł.